Sunday 7 October 2018

September 2018 - looked like this ....



Things are improving, it is still really strange not to have Chesney around but we have settled into a routine and the boys seem happy.  Tommy has been testing the boundaries with both Basil and me over the last few weeks, seeing if he can get away with things.  Just being a bit cheeky, a bit more confident and seeing if we keep him in his place - which we do.  He seems as though he has accepted the way it is in the last week or so and things are getting easier.  However, he is more confident in the field (Chesney was a bit of a bully to him) and I can get up to him more easily and stroke down his back.  




Basil seems fine, I think he is enjoying the extra hacks and the extra attention, now my time is only split 2 ways instead of 3. 

This is how September looked:

1st - lovely hack.  We went out for longer than we have been for quite a long time and Basil enjoyed himself!

2nd - another hack today :) Basil was a bit speedy today.

4th - arena, after first trot I decided Basil wasn't 100% right so we stopped.

7th - lunged today and Basil seemed fine, very well behaved.

8th - hack today, loving this.

9th - arena today, OK to start but then didn't quite seem right on the right rein.

11th - lunged, again seemed OK.  I decided to ring Chiropractor to organise for a visit to check all OK though.

14th - lunged again, all good again today.

15th - hack again, I do love pottering around the lanes.

16th - arena today and it was a bit windy so Basil was quite jumpy stuck to walk and trot today.


Really windy this week, and I was off work too, but did not feel it was sensible to ride.  Chiropractor was supposed to come this week but because Basil would have been too silly in the arena I decided to postpone.

22nd - another hack, GREAT.

23rd - windy but rode in the arena and really pleased because Basil was good.

24th - lunged today.

25th - hacked out, I am increasing how long we go out for and Tommy seems fine being left.  Sometimes we come back and he is grazing at the other end of the field, sometimes he is having a sleep up by the stables.

26th - arena today, squeezed in a session before the rain arrived.  Some lovely trot serpentines today, on the bit and good and active from behind.  We managed correct leads on both canter reins, although canter was a bit fast.  Tried to do some trot leg yield after cantering - mistake - Basil would not listen at all and just kept trying to canter :(

28th - lunged today, good again - I don't think this can last, we are due a mad day!

29th - rode in the arena and really nice session.  Walk & trot leg yield, serpentines were pretty good, balance and rhythm was good and on the bit.  Basil gives this to me, once we get going forward and get the balance and rhythm he just lowers his head and tucks it in - which is lovely.  Cantered today after doing some walk spirals, not many trot strides in between so he doesn't have time to get over excited.  Correct transitions but 
too fast.

31st - lunged,  very good today.



Have you seen my 'Updated Stables Tour' on my You Tube channel?   
Horse Life and Love.  Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on  Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!   
Jo

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for this type of blog. I'm searching on horses and at this time this blog is very helpful for me. Riding is very fabulous about horses. I like Melbourne Horse rides and this blog is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete