Monday 30 November 2015

Things I Love about Winter x



I don't generally enjoy the winter months, the cold, wet, wind and snow make riding less enjoyable and everything else harder work.  So, I thought it might be a good idea to think of some good things about the winter!


I actually love it when the horses are stabled at night.  I enjoy making their beds look all cosy, filling their hay nets with as much hay as possible.   I love getting them in from the cold and wet, putting them in lovely, snuggly dry rugs. Then seeing them all dry and warm with plenty to eat and out of the horrible weather. 


Travelling to and from the horse's in the dark also brings its own rewards as I have seen lots of wildlife.

Many, many rabbits ....


.... that play in the lane.  Also, some deer, which I think are Roe deer, who often run across the lane in front of my car!  


I've seen Muntjac deer too munching on the verge.


There is a Fox which I see often ...


A couple of times I have spotted a Stoat (it might have been a Weasel), again, crossing the lane.


However, what I love the most is seeing the owls.  I sometimes see a Barn owl, swooping across the lane ...


... and there is a Tawny owl who sits on the fence posts.


Of course, it is always lovely to get home, knowing the horses are all safe, and snuggle up by the fire!

Did you see last week's video 'Winter has arrived' on my You Tube channel.   
Horse Life and Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment