Monday 4 January 2016

2016 Here we go!


HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody.  I really hope you all had a great holiday season and managed to spend time doing the things you love.  I have had more opportunities to ride, when it wasn't raining or too windy.  I am not a fan of riding out in the wind because I can't hear the cars coming but Basil is actually surprisingly good in the wind!




Last year was a mixed year but I am pleased with the progress Basil and I made in the first half.  Now his tooth is all sorted we have to get fit again!  Then we will be able to continue ....

I am really enjoying writing my blog and posting video's and hope to carry on with a video a week (on a Wednesday)  for 2016 too.  I have been thinking about my blog and have decided this year that I will just blog 3 times a week, instead of 4.  It will give me more time to read other people's blogs and watch more videos which I haven't had much time to do recently.  So I will blog on Mondays and Fridays and 1 other day, probably Thursday but I am going to keep that a bit flexible!

When I look back at last year's aims I can be proud, but there are a few I have missed :(

So my 2015 Achievements were:

  • Ride Basil over a jump 
  • Basil working forward and in a good shape 
  • Basil achieving a good leg yield on both reins in walk and trot 
  • Improved grass in section of field 
  • Blogging 4 times a week 
  • Uploading a video at least once a week 
  •  Joined Instagram 
  • Finish BHS Stage 1 blogs and start BHS Stage 2 and 3 
  • Vlogged at Badminton Horse Trials in May 
 

2016 Aims:
  •  More jumping with Basil 
  •  Continue to improve our flatwork 
  • Introduce Shoulder In 
  • Improve Turn on the Forehand 
  • Teach Tommy to be tied up 
  • Be able to catch Tommy in the field when he is not wearing a headcollar 
  • Introduce some ground schooling with Tommy 
  •  Improve grass in another section of field 
  • Blog 3 times a week 
  • Vlog or post a video each week

I would love it if you would visit my You Tube channel too and SUBSCRIBE.   
Horse Life and Love

You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment