Monday 22 May 2017

Holiday in Iceland!

In  a few weeks I am heading off on holiday - which I am very excited about!!!  Something I have always wanted to do is ride an Icelandic Horse and where better to do that than in Iceland.  These ponies have a special gait called the tölt which I can't wait to try.  


I am spending a week in Iceland on the Snæfellsnes Penninsula :)  It is an organised trip so everything is arranged for me.  I will be riding everyday for several hours (up to 8) and riding a few different horses each day so that they don't get tired.  We also ride with a huge group of loose horses (30 - 60) so that will be amazing too!   

 
Iceland is sometimes called the 'land of fire and ice' and the landscape is really varied and totally unspoilt.  There are snow topped mountains, geysers and mud pools.  There are volcanic valleys and vast lava fields which are supposed to make you feel as though you are riding on the moon.   There is a  huge glacier (the largest in Europe) and thundering waterfalls.  I will be riding through rivers, and on the beaches with both yellow and black sand and as it is summer there will also be tracks through grassy fields and farmland.




 


I hope that I will see lots of bird life, seals and whales.  It will only be about 11°C and can be warm one minute and freezing cold the next and there will be 24 hours daylight so that will be really strange.

I am planning to take lots of photos and will tell you all about it when I get back!

Have you seen last week's video 'One ... and a bit days in May'  on my You Tube channel?   
Horse Life and Love.  Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment