Sunday 10 March 2019

February, Spring for a week!



February has been a write off for riding, with the road still closed and Basil shoeless we didn't get much riding in.  We managed a bit of lunging to keep him ticking over at the end of the month.  The amazing weather we had for a week really lifted our spirits and Basil had some time out in the field rug less which he loved.  It is so good for him to have a good roll and scratch especially as he is now losing his winter coat and is more itchy!


This is how February looked:

19th - we planned on a lunging session today, after some weeks off this was never going to be a good session.  As expected, Basil bombed around the arena for a good 5 minutes before settling.

20th - lunged today and much better :)

22nd - another lunging session, very good.

23rd- I thought I would try a ride today as Basil has had a few sessions to get rid of excess energy.  However, he felt a little foot sore so we mostly stayed in walk with some circles, serpentines and leg yield.

24th - arena again and Basil seemed a bit better today, he was more keen so we did a bit more trot.

Horrible weather for the rest of February, really windy so we didn't get any sessions in :(



Tommy had much too much hair for the lovely weather and got a bit hot a couple of days, but I still  think he enjoyed it.  He is looking a bit round at the moment, but I always find it a bit tricky at this time of year judging his weight because he has so much hair.  I also think this affects the weigh tape reading.  I am getting an idea now from the last few years measures so am not too worried.  I will just limit the grass as soon as it starts growing!


Have you seen my latest vlog 'One Amazing February Day'  on my You Tube channel?   
Horse Life and Love. Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on  Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!   
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment