Sunday 4 August 2019

Basil's Lumps


Last weekend Basil had me worried, he was covered in bumps!  What started early in the week as one or two little lumps that I thought were fly bites slowly became lots of lumps and not all of them small.  He had a few that were about 2 cm across.

They were on his shoulders, his tummy, his rump and on his hindlegs ....








It was a very hot week and I thought that maybe they were because of the heat but there were so many that I thought I may have to call the vet just in case he needed a steroid injection.

You might remember that 4 years ago when Tommy arrived he had a small number of lumps which the Blue Cross vet had put down as Hives due to the hot weather - you can see my blog here.

Luckily the weather cooled down last Monday and by Tuesday they were all gone :)

Never a dull moment with horses!!!


 
Have you seen July's video 'Summer has arrived'  on my  You Tube channel, Horse Life and Love?
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on  Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment