Thursday 20 November 2014

Basil Update




Schooling this week and Basil was a star.  It was a bit windy but he behaved really well and remained calm almost throughout. We had some lovely trot circles working on the bit that were really beautifully supple - it is all coming back to him and my improved riding confidence is definitely helping. 

We managed some calm and rhythmic canters too on both reins and trotted over a pole (not jump or hop but trotted) which is a big step forward!  We ended with a couple of walk leg yields on each rein.  He was equally responsive on both reins today which is a step forward from last week, he does sometimes rush back to the track when on the left rein so I must remember to keep my right leg there.

I feel so proud of him but also of myself for acknowledging and tackling my confidence issues!

Have you seen my latest vlog 'One day of my life ...' on my You Tube channel.   Horse Life and Love
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Fidget and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment