Monday 23 February 2015

5 Questions - part 3





The third set of questions for a challenge on  Cara Leigh's blog,  mnequestrian.blogspot.co.uk . 


 1. Which is my favourite picture of my horse?

Today is Basil's turn.  I have chosen this one because, although it is really just a head shot, the reason for the photo says so much.  So many people say horses don't have as much personality as ponies.  I don't agree with this, Chesney and Basil prove me right every day!  I had been taking photos of the horses in the field for a blog post and was on my way in - Basil just left the others and followed me then stopped and posed!  I had to take the picture....




2. What advice would you give your 18 year old self?


Follow your dreams, I saw a quote a few weeks ago which I think is PERFECT!

“Choose a job you love,
and you will never have to
work a day in your life.”


3. What size horse do you prefer to ride?

Personally, I prefer to ride horses between 15.2hh and 16.2hh.  I find anything smaller difficult to wrap my legs around.  Horses bigger than this I generally am not strong enough or tall enough to get the best out of!  I am 5'5" tall.  Although, with Chesney as he grew up with me and my leg length he was pretty good!



4. What is your daily routine?


This varies from weekday to weekend - I post a vlog every month which gives you an idea of what my weekends are like.  Click here to see my You Tube channel  HorseLifeandLove.  The weekdays I am up about 6.15am to feed, change rugs and turn the horses out before I muck out and fill the haynets before work.  Sometimes I have the opportunity to ride or lunge in the week which is great!  In the evenings then I get the horses in about 4.30/5.00pm feed them, pick out their feet and change rugs.  They generally get a quick brush in the week, although I try to do something a bit better mid-week.  In the winter they are usually wet and muddy so this can't be brushed anyway.



5. What is your main riding strength and main riding weakness?


This is a tricky question.  I know that quite a few bad habits had crept into my riding during the years I wasn't having lessons. I think those habits are gradually getting fewer now though.  My main weakness really is my confidence.  I think I have never been a hugely confident rider as I always tend to think things through including what could go wrong.  That means that I am not always brave enough to really push myself, although I try!  My main strength I think is that I am generally a quiet rider, this means that (as long as my nerves are in check) horses tend to remain relatively calm and not get stressed by my riding.

Later this week I will be uploading a 'Follow me in February' vlog. Horse Life and Love
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Fidget and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment