Tuesday 28 July 2015

Tubtrugs Baler Twine Cutter


A few weeks ago I bought one of these 'safety' cutters as I have had a pen knife for a long time.  The pen knife is really not that safe so I treated myself!


Obviously, with 3 horses I get through quite a bit of hay and in the winter when it is dark and dingy I am always rushing about trying to get things done quickly.  So, like many people I want an efficient way of quickly cutting the baler twine around the bales.  

When I first tried this cutter I was disappointed, it didn't seem very sharp and wouldn't cut.  However, I soon discovered that if you have it at the right angle it cuts well, nearly better than the pen knife.  


It is a much safer option and with the clip at the end can be attached to something to keep it safe.  This isn't something I do at the moment.  I may have to attach it to something bigger for the winter though as I can imagine it could easily disappear in amongst the hay if I am in a rush one morning!

Look out tomorrow for another vlog on my You Tube channel.   Horse Life and Love
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment