Tuesday 6 October 2015

Golden Rod - as a herb.



This has bright yellow flowers and is quite a nice addition to the garden but it spreads!  I have never seen any growing in my field though.  It is best harvested to be used between July and October.  




Another one that may be good for Basil's respiratory problem if I mix it with Echinacea, this also has several other uses.  


Actions:
See my
herb blog for the meanings of these.
Anticatarrhal, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Aromatic, Astringent, Carminative, Diaphoretic, Diuretic, Expectorant, Stimulant, Vulnerary.



Part Used:
Aerial Parts.



Usage:
Internally - it can be used for kidney and bladder disorders, flatulence and digestive problems.  It can also be used for coughs and asthma. 


Externally - good as a poultice or an ointment for ulcers and other slow healing wounds.


Dosage:
40 - 50gms added to feed daily.


Have you seen my latest video?  I post a new video every Wednesday on my You Tube channel.  Horse Life and Love

Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment