Tuesday 27 October 2015

Using Hawthorn as a Herb

This makes up much of the hedges around my field and lots of other fields around the UK.  Also found in Europe and the U.S.   White flowers cover it in the Spring but it is the berries that you want, if you can get them before the birds!


 

Since I have been writing these blogs I have discovered that there are a lot of herbs that could help Basil and his digestion - this is another one!  Chesney seems to enjoy eating this from  the hedge so they are all able to choose this if they need it.


Actions:
See my
herb blog for the meanings of these.
 Antispasmodic, Astringent, Cardiac, Diuretic, Sedative, Tonic.


It must not be fed to pregnant mares.


Part Used:
Berries.


Usage:
As a heart tonic, to aid digestion and for lowering high blood pressure.  


Dosage:
15 - 20gms added to feed daily.


Look out for my new video tomorrow on my You Tube channel.   Horse Life and Love
Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment