Monday 27 February 2017

Product Review - Horselyx Respiratory

For Christmas I bought Basil a treat ... a Horselyx .  I chose the respiratory one as I hoped it would help support his lungs and breathing as he does have some sort of pollen allergy.  He did love it and as he is a crib biter/wind sucker I thought it might be a good distraction for him.


According to the website the lick contains:

  • Menthol 
  • Eucalyptus 
  • Aniseed

These will 'help keep the airways clear of mucus, which will help the horse breathe more easily'


  • Vitamin C 
  • Vitamin E 
  • Selenium 
  • Chelated Copper 
  • Zinc

These 'support and maintain a healthy immune system, which maximises the ability to support and aid healthy lung function' 


  • Biotin 
  • Zinc 
  • Methionine

These are for  'healthy hooves'

  • Oil for a 'healthy skin and coat'
It does not contain any artificial colours, preservatives or hardeners.  However, this is what it did to Basil's teeth ...



          ... his teeth are usually nice and clean and relatively white!  Basil isn't in 24 hours so he only had access overnight to his lick and obviously also spent some time eating his hay and sleeping.  As you can imagine I was horrified by what happened to his teeth, having looked into it further I discovered that the licks are made up of molasses (I probably should have checked beforehand). I know in themselves molasses are not necessarily bad for your horse BUT having the sticky layer on their teeth can't be a good thing!

Did you see last week's video 'One Day in February' on my You Tube channel?   
Horse Life and Love.  Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on Chesney, Basil, Tommy and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment