Thursday 1 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR - blogging and vlogging in 2015.



HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody.  I really hope you all had a great holiday season and managed to spend time doing the things you love.  For me that was spending time with family, but also with the horses. 






I have been blogging and vlogging for 3 months now, if you haven't seen my vlog channel on You Tube then check it out Horse Life and Love. It took me quite a while to pluck up the courage as I had been thinking about it for nearly 3 years and had always wanted to share my passion for everything equine.  I have been lucky enough to have my own pony and then horse to ride for quite a few years and have also looked after them every day for most of this time.   I want to share product and book reviews, events I go to and what I get up to with my horses on a daily basis, basically everything that is horsey in my life!

I also wanted part of it to be about sharing knowledge, so I have been doing a weekly blog and occasional vlogs about basic horse and pony care.  I chose my subjects for this based around the British Horse Society (BHS) Stage 1 exams because I think that they are a great way to learn and demonstrate your knowledge.  I have a few more topics to go and then am planning on progressing to Stage 2 level knowledge before moving on to Stage 3 and perhaps 4.  I have my Stage 3 BHS exams in both riding and horse care but realise that you can never stop learning and horses never stop teaching us!

 
So as it is a NEW YEAR I thought it was a good time to have a review of last year and write down some aims for this.

2014 Achievements 
  • Start blog and vlog
  • Regained confidence riding Basil 
  • Regained confidence jumping 
  • Began schooling Basil again


2015 Aims
  • Ride Basil over a jump.
  • Record information for Crime Prevention 
  • Improve grass in field 
  • Continuing blogging 4 or 5 times a week 
  • Continue vlogging at least once a week 
  • Join Instagram 
  • Blog or vlog about regaining lost confidence 
  • Finish BHS Stage 1 blogs and start BHS Stage 2 
  • Vlog at Badminton Horse Trials in May 
  • Giveaways on my vlog channel


I know I will think of some more as I go along but I will try to come back and review these throughout the year!

What are your hopes for this year?  I would love to hear about them in the comments below.

I upload a new vlog every Wednesday, I would love it if you would visit and SUBSCRIBE.  Horse Life and Love
You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Fidget and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment