Tuesday 16 December 2014

Rug Review - Loveson Allpro Combo



It always happens in the winter, Chesney and Basil wreck rugs.  There are often many 'incidents' and luckily some can be mended to last a few more weeks!  Unfortunately, not all rips and tears are mendable and sometimes rugs come in completely ruined!  First casualty of the year has already happened.  So I have been shopping!

The biggest (literally) problem I have with rugs for Chesney is the length, he needs 7'3" rugs and not all rugs come in this size.   After my purchase of an expensive rug with a supposedly stronger outer layer last year, that ripped just as easily as cheaper ones, I was not prepared to spend a huge amount.  This time I purchased a different make from the ones I usually have for him as there were no Shires available in his size.  It is a Loveson Allpro Combo,  it's a 200gm so a medium weight rug.


It has the old buckles at the front, which is a shame as I would have liked the more modern clips for the front.  However, it has the pleats on his shoulders which are great and really improve his ability to move.  I also like the bright white Loveson badge as this helps find him in the dark!

 
The snuggly neck cover has 3 velcro straps to keep it in place (these have been ripped off by Basil's teeth in the past).


It has good adjustable cross surcingles, although it may be a bit deep for him I find I can't be too picky with his rugs!  The rug has leg straps too which are fairly average but I am disappointed with the tail flap as it is thin and smaller than I would have liked.


I hope it will last at least until the end of this winter and hopefully longer!

Look out for my 'Christmas Stockings' vlog tomorrow.   Horse Life and Love

Please check it out and SUBSCRIBE.

You can also follow me on Facebook for updates on Chesney, Basil, Fidget and Daisy.

Until next time!
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment